A source for policies, procedures, handbooks and other resources from the School of Education and Human Development

User Tools

Site Tools


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get my bio on the SEHD Directory website?

The SEHD directories for Faculty and Staff are found here:

How do I get supplies for my office?

Each floor has basic office supplies available.

  • 6th Floor: In the mailroom (605) – the three cabinets underneath the mailboxes; also in the 6th floor meeting/work space across from the windows of classroom 648 (the three cabinets underneath the printer station)
  • 7th Floor: The cabinets in the work/color copier area near faculty mailboxes (across from 717)
  • 11th Floor: Storage closet 1144 (next to the Assistant to the Dean office)

If you cannot find what you are looking for, submit a purchase request: Purchasing Request Form

How do I use the copier/scanner?

To use the copier:

  • Press Start to awaken the copier if it is asleep
  • Enter your copier password*
  • Press “Menu” and select Copy option.
  • Copy as usual, when finished select “Interrupt” to end your session.

To use the scanner:

  • Press Start to awaken the copier if it is asleep
  • Enter your copier password*
  • Press “Menu” and Scanner option
  • Under the address book, choose the email address to receive the scanned copies (address book is sorted by first name)
  • Place materials in the feeder and scan using the Start button
  • Select “Interrupt” to end session

*If you do not have a copier code, contact

How do I use the fax-machine?

  • Documents go face down.
  • For on-campus faxes, dial only the last five digits of the phone number.
  • For off-campus faxes, dial 9 before the 10 digit number.
  • There are fax machines in the workrooms on the 6th (605) and 11th floors and in Academic Services in LSC 701.

How do I use the phone?

Outside line | LD Number | Pound = Full Sequence

9 1-860-766-2000 = 918607662000

  • International Example:

Outside line | LD Number | Pound = Full Sequence

9 01144 17035439334 = 901144 17035439334

On-Campus Calls

  • Dial the extension of the party (last 5-digits of their office phone number)

Regular Calls

  • 9 + 303 or 720 + phone number

Conference Calls

  • All LSC office phones have the capability to make conference calls up to 16 different lines. To make a conference call using an office phone: with the first caller on the line (you can call them or they can call the office phone), press the CONFERENCE button, dial the second person’s #, WAIT UNTIL THE CALL IS ANSWERED, then hit CONFERENCE to connect all callers. The conference begins. Optional: Repeat these steps to add more parties, if desired.
  • Additional information regarding conference calls can be found in the phone training guide:

Phone/Voicemail Operation Guide Click here.

  • Suggested voicemail greeting: Hello! This is (your name), (your title) of the (office/program) at the CU Denver School of Education & Human Development. My normal office hours are (days, times). If you have reached this greeting during those hours, I am on the phone or away from my desk. Please leave a message that includes your name and phone number, and be assured that your call will be returned as soon as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please call (name and phone number). Thank you.

Voicemail to Email?

  • If you’d like to receive your voicemails as a wav file embedded in an email, submit a ticket request by emailing

How do I send/receive mail?


  • Outgoing mail must include a completed and signed Postage Metered Mail Charge Slip. The slips can be found in the mail rooms on the 6th, 7th and 11th floor. If you can't find a mail slip or if you do not know your mail code, please contact
  • Place mail in department mailroom in the mailbox marked “Outgoing Mail” (each floor’s set of mailboxes has a slot, usually toward the end of all mailboxes)
  • Place in the unmarked cubby in the mailroom on the 1st floor (it is unmarked and is the first mail slot on the left)
  • There is a U.S. mail drop box located outside of the Lawrence Street Center.


  • Intercampus mail should be put in an envelope and clearly labeled with the name, building and office number or campus mailbox of the recipient.
  • Place mail in the intercampus outgoing mail slot (each floor’s set of mailboxes has a slot, usually toward the end of all mailboxes)

Receiving Mail

  • Mail for full-time faculty and staff is distributed to the mailboxes on the floor where that person’s office is located – Mailboxes for faculty and staff on the 6th floor are located in 605; on the 7th floor mailboxes are located in Academic Services in 701 (staff mailboxes are across from the reception desk and faculty mailboxes are in the work area by 716); mailboxes on the 11th floor are located in the kitchen (1132).

Who do I contact for what?

Check out the directory of who to contact for what.

Where do I park and how do I get there?

Covered Monthly Parking

  • Covered monthly parking is available to CU Denver faculty and staff under the Lawrence Street Center, the CU Building and the Business School Building. The cost varies and payment is done through payroll deduction. If you are interested in signing up for monthly parking, contact Facilities Management at 303-315-7777.

Parking Lots

  • Details for on-campus parking permit options and costs, and the form in order to apply for a space/permit are available here:
  • There are also parking lots on campus (not limited to staff/faculty) where you can park for a daily fee. The daily fee lot closest to the Lawrence Street Center is the Tivoli Parking Garage located at the corner of 9th Street and Auraria Parkway. To view a campus parking map with all available lots and parking rates, visit: .
  • Auraria Parking Services offers re-entry permits for faculty and staff that need to leave campus for job-related activities (i.e. meetings, classes, etc.) and return the same day. The permit allows you to pay once and park in the same lot on the same day with no additional charges. For more details or to purchase a parking passport, visit here or contact the Parking & Transportation Services office at (303) 556-2000.

Eco Pass (Public Transportation-RTD buses and Light Rail)

  • The Eco Pass for RTD buses and Light Rail is going through some changes in 2020 - 2023.
  • For the latest information on the RTD Eco-Pass, click here for general information and click here for Faculty & Staff ecopass information.
  • Parking and Transportation Services is located on the first floor of the 7th Street Parking Garage, 777 Lawrence Way. There are a couple of short-term free parking spots on the street just outside their office, along with paid parking lots nearby if you are driving to visit them.
  • Office hours may fluctuate throughout the year - please visit their website or give them a call to confirm their hours for your visit:
  • (303) 556-2003

How do I sign up for benefits?

  • The university's benefits plan year runs from July 1 to June 30, with open enrollment in late April/early May. All questions regarding benefits should be directed to the University of Colorado Employee Services (formerly Payroll and Benefits Services) at 303.860.4200 or Toll Free 1-855-216-7740
  • If you are in a benefits-eligible position, you MUST submit an enrollment form within 31 days following date of hire, even if you DECLINE coverage. Otherwise, you will be automatically enrolled in default coverage. Sign up for New Employee Orientation on the Learning & Development page here.

How do I get a key/ID card?


  • Key requests should be made with the Assistant to the Dean in LSC 1145. She will submit a key request form to Facilities Management for the necessary key(s) and within two-three business days after a request is submitted, keys may be picked up in Facilities Management on the 3rd floor of the Lawrence Street Center. Individuals must pick up their own keys and are required to present their campus employee identification card at the time of pick up.
  • Upon termination of employment, individuals must return their keys to SEHD HR personnel during the checkout process. Lost keys should be reported to the Security Guard on duty on the 1st floor of the Lawrence Street Center. There is a fee of $100-$200 for unreturned/lost keys.

ID Card

  • All faculty and staff are encouraged to have an ID Card. Forms may be obtained from Human Resources in LSC 1147. The ID card allows faculty and staff to park on campus, access library services, use the recreation facilities, and gain building and classroom access.
  • ID Access to Lawrence Street Center: The Lawrence Street Center operating hours are Monday-Friday, 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM. The building is closed on Sundays and all campus holidays. In order to access the building, the elevators and all card reader-equipped rooms (which includes all SEHD classrooms and the 11th floor computer lab) after-hours, you must have your campus ID encoded. ID access is authorized by the Assistant to the Dean in LSC 1145 and is only given to regular/full-time SEHD faculty and staff and lecturers with class in the LSC after-hours/on weekends. Students are granted ID access to the computer lab ONLY.
  • To get ID access, please email the Assistant to the Dean with your Employee ID# and the room(s) you need access to (as well as the six-digit number on the back of your ID card, as well as the expiration date).

How do I submit leave requests?

Check out the My Leave Basics page for instructions on setting preferences and entering time.

Leave policies including definitions of sick, funeral/bereavement, jury duty, military leave, parental leave, disability, holidays and more are available to you here: employee-services/leave-policies

Typically a doctors note is needed if three or more sick days are used in a row. Please contact with questions.

How do I complete PSLF (Public Service Loan Forgiveness) Forms in 2024

As a CU employee, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) — a program that incentivizes college graduates who work in the public sector. For full information please review this site:

CU has two options to enroll in a PSLF program:

1. SAVI Student loan forgiveness tool. There is a cost for this service, and it is not required.

2. Apply for PSLF on your own. CU’s PSLF team will verify your employment. For the steps, visit CU’s PSLF page and scroll to the very bottom of the page. Select the + sign next to the heading titled “Ready to sign up” to expand that section. Follow the 4 steps listed there.

IMPORTANT: Contact to request employment verification. (Please do not use the SEHDHR email as your point of contact, as we are not able to complete this verification. )

With any questions, please reach out to

human/faq.txt · Last modified: 2024/07/25 00:01 by Kelley Patient